This first one is a bit special, it's our first newsletter dedicated to developers!
We told you about it during our last user club and many of you wanted it, so here it is in front of your eyes.
We intend to bring to your attention all the latest news on the platform as time goes by. This newsletter is based on releases available on simplicite.io.
For your information, the Simplicité platform version 4.0 P21 Release Candidate has been made available on the Git branch (preview version of the template) and as a Docker beta image.
Any feedback on this version is welcome. If no issues and/or issues are raised by October 12, 2018, this release will be considered the P21 Release.
Thank you in advance for your help in the final validation process for this release. It is only logical that after this release we will move on to the development of the P22.
[For all intents and purposes, we recommend that you always go on the dedicated page to the release notes for the most “up to date” information.]
Soon the end of support and maintenance for version 3.1 of Simplicité (December 2018). We recommend that you consult the page recap on the versions for more information.
• Added the ability to authenticate with LDAP authentication as an OAuth2 authentication process.
• Update of third party libraries.
• Addition of a configurable LDAP authentication mechanism (with OAuth2, SAML,...) using a new LdapTool helper class.
• Addition of a configurable service object for LDAP entries.
• Fill in the foreign-key when creating the data activity map.
• Improvement of Excelpoitool to be able to choose to generate.xls or.xlsx workbooks.
• Improved tool.readUrl to automatically set the content type header when the data is a JsonObject or JsonArray + improved the handling of redirections.• Improved and simplified the RestTool helper class for REST/JSON calls.
• Allowed additional path elements in URI after the external object name (for example to create custom REST services like get/ui/ext/myExtObject/123? format=json).
• Java Stripe client library included to facilitate payment in applications developed with Simplicité.
• Addition of the classification related to the European General Data Protection Regulation to the Field GDPR configuration object.
• The field name change is automatically updated in the models/ areas in the user interface (data-field attribute).
• Custom Java library in shared script to allow the integration of external tools.
• Optimization based on the refactored InlineDocuments parameter:
true: inline all files and images with content (large objects).
false: sending RowID documents only (very small but no info).
'images': inline full images but other info files only (useful on forms).
'infos': online files and image info only (no file content, useful on lists).
'field',...: inline all contents of specified fields only.
• Optimization based on the refactored inlineThumbNails parameter:
true: inline all image thumbnails (large objects) .false: no thumbnails.
'field',...: online thumbnails of specified fields only.
• Optimization based on the refactored InlineObjects parameter:
true: inline all object fields.
false: only get the value from the objectName:Rowid field.
• Managing “I forgot my password” on the Oauth2 local login form:
Login form to request an email to change your password.
The platform sends an email (see userForgotPassword) with a unique token (stored in FORCE_CHANGE_PASSWORD = #).
Password change page if the token is valid (valid for 24 hours by default or change the FORGOT_PWD_DELAY parameter in seconds).
New USE_FORGOT_PWD setting defaults to yes
• Changed the validation of object/process/field names to prevent the use of a number in the first position (which caused problems in XML exports/imports).
• Export stripped HTML fields to CSV/XLS/PDF, to facilitate serialization.
• Addition of actions in the OpenAPI schemas of business objects.
• The Git export module (with Java code) now produces a Maven pom.xml file with dependencies to avoid exporting third-party libraries.
• Remove old user interface components (e.g. ObjectList) from default packages imported into Rhino scripts (if you use some of them, you should add an explicit package import statement importPackage (packages.com.simplicite.webapp) or an individual class import statement (e.g. importClass (packages.com.simplicite.webapp.objectlist).
• New methods for building a direct URL to a list of objects or a static obj.getDirectURL and htmltool.getDirectUrl form.
• New minimization of URLs to access:
object form? f=object; id (used for a post notification, [DIRECTURL] substitution, and shared URL).
or list? l=object with optional filters (URL encoded ex:? l=user&usr_login=A%25 to search for logins starting with “a”).
• All standard Excel exports have moved from existing.xls files to.xlsx files.
• Translation of links with plural “label|labels” syntax.
The floating action bar now shows additional actions within the small plus menu (or hamburger menu).
• The calendar time will use hourly meridians (AM/PM) for the English language only.
• Documents are now supported in the bulk update.
Do you want to change the font easily? Google fonts are now automatically loaded. Just enter their name into your theme and presto! The font is displayed (after a short empty the cache, of course).
• New download dialog. No more endless spinner, now when the recording action is too long (> 3 seconds), the load runs in the background. That way you can keep working while the file is being uploaded!
• New feature allowing you to share the deep link, titles, images or texts of an object via email or social networks. This feature is based on the SOCIAL_SHARE setting.
• Changed the shortcuts for UNDO = CTRL-SHIFT-Z REDO = CTRL-SHIFT-Y (to maintain the default CTRL-Z/Y behavior on input fields in order to cancel the input.)
Do you have a specific need?Do not hesitate to post your request on the dedicated forum and we will see if it is possible to develop it and/or integrate it with Simplicité.
• Correction of the availability conditions of the state models of the tray object and the dashboard.
• Fixed the identification of actions for a list item in action line ID bindings in the responsive user interface.
• Fixed redundant actions on list items.
• Correction of the fields of application based on the declared responsibilities of the user only.
• Fixed a broken simple Ajax action result (without metadata).
• Fixed the analysis of joined fields in the activity data syntax: [step.field.refObjectid__joinedField].
• Fixed the full screen Ace editor when work is extended.
• Fixed the substitution of the expression [VALUE] [OLDVALUE] by the value typed.
• Correction of a copy with a parent object (getParentObject is not null).
• Fixed the update and bulk export of all rows in the list with fields by group.
• Fixed double-action confirmations and interrupted execution on existing user interface lists.
• Fixed the BusinessObjectTool return value for the search method.
• Fixed a JSON body and path parsing error in some cases for REST services.
• Fixed time scheduler for time fields.
• Correction of the insertion of an existing field in the template editor.
• Loading spinner fixed on group-by.
• Fixed a group-by loss on the sorting + pagination dialog.
• Fixed the naming of the num phone wrapper (from PhonEnumTools to PhonEnumTool).
• Fixed menu with domain in the language ALL languages.
• Fixed access to bulk deletion on the user interface.
• Fixed the double message required for FK.
• Fixed crosstab (JSON formats in special cases).
• Fixed links on importing SVG templates.
• Fixed a deletion area in the template editor.
• Fixed a button to show more fields in the list.
• Fixed a help popover on the date field.
• Fixed a bad mapping of source names in case of business object and cross-domain inheritance.